I do most sincerely hate computers. The internet in particular. I hate the way it has desk-chained so many jobs. I hate the way it chains me down to a screen. I hate the way it manages to creep into all aspects of my life. How it topples my carefully set boundaries between people I like and people I don’t, work and play etc. I specifically dislike facebook and have just spent the past 1 hour thinking of deleting my account and deciding against it, most vexingly. I really don’t understand why they have those stupid games, I hate the concept of whats on your mind and I mostly don’t wanna know what most of the people on my friends list are upto. I do want to look up the pics though, of my friends…well mostly. And I don’t mind the scraps or wall posts or whatever they are. But all the rest of it, chop chop, nip tuck. In fact I would have been quite satisfied with the orkut scrap thing inbuilt into gmail, instead of the buzzes and using picassa for photo sharing.
Maybe a lot of this is just about me having to be assertive and not adding the people I don’t want to. Yeah, a lot of it is. Will, will stop adding people from my past that I don’t like. It’s just that every time I have to choose between the confirm and delete button, I think, as much as I hate these people, as much as they gossip and bitch as fast as a rabbit chomping on its carrot …they are good people, aren’t they?…like on the inside, deep, deep inside. All the same, No More Of This.
Even then I would dislike facebook, less but still. I somehow don’t feel too safe sharing stuff there. I also don’t like the idea that I might have to face friend requests from my oldie goldie relatives soon. Egah! So far, I have applied enormous tact and avoided the situation. Ques: so are you there on fb. Ans: yes I am, but I don’t add relatives. I know of this one uncle who has nothing better to do other than spy on his nephews and nieces and bitch about them to other old buggers and gullibles. Sleeveless clothes sends him reeling. He will have a field day with my pics, that girl, sho! not what we thought she was, no no, not at all, thoroughly corrupted, unreined beast!
I also much much dislike the glare from the computer. I want to maintain that 10 feet distance that I maintain from the Tv, with the comp as well. Because of the distance-maintainability of the tv, I like it much. I also welcome and utilize the 2-3 minute breaks.
In case of the comp, one option is that extra screen you see some places use, but it is still uncomfy somehow. So I might just have to buy those lecherous looking tinted specs instead. Maybe there could be some kind of projection done on a nice flat white board or something, atleast for typed stuff.
Also no e-books for me. No way. The fact is I roll when I read, which implies that I most definitely lie down when I read, unless I happen to be in the metro or something. Then rolling would be a leeetle alarming and discourteous I think. If an e-book can come minus the glare and be made light and unfragile enough to allow for the possibility of rolling, I shall adopt it.
But truth be told, I see none of this happening. I feel that technology grows at such a grand pace, that when you make such demands of it, Its not just that it doesn’t bother, its not just that it doesn’t even say duh!, but it takes its magic wand and zaps you into oblivion.
PS: I do like google, wiki, gmail, gtalk and blogger. you the goooood guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment