The new jobs okay. Nothing unmanageable or intimidating. I prepare visa petitions btw. The best part of it is coming across interesting names and looking at peoples cvs. See how people started small and grew big.
I wake up at 5. do stuf. reach ofc at sharp 9. work straight on with 2 cups of coffee and oats or lunch. If i am lucky, i get out at 6. If i am not, i get out at 7-7 30 or later. Which is okay...which would have been okay, had i not been in kerala.
Since, i am in cocanaka land, its difficult to roam around late evening, even to get veggies. The majority of this angst is cos of the thriving local S.o.Bs. But there are also the mosquitoes. Like, one day, I call an auto and before i even really got inside i was attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes from within. I didnt take the auto ofcourse.
Also, the concept of sharing a flat seems rather alien to everybdy in ofc. It seems home, pgs or hostels are the way to go. The latter two have curfews, which dont leave much time for anything else other than travelling straight back from ofc.
The colleagues are nice, and they all seem to be in an awfully happy place, esp the women, which i dont really get and it reminds me of stepford wives. but wtever, none of my business. Bosses are okay too, ones a real smooth operator tho. Like one day, he calls me to his ofc, to see how i am settling in. So i tell him alls gud except for finding a place to stay and he basically tells me to find a place asap bcos "they" wouldnt want it to affect my work. Yes, ur majesty, yes!
Evenings, i cry, call friends, which i suspect are not that welcome anymore, bath, eat dinner and watch a movie. I have no time for books. I sleep by 11-11 30. Weekends, i head back home for the internet, downloading movies, dogs n human contact. Incase you think it all sounds pretty decent, let me remind you that a. its bcos i take a lot of effort to make it that way and b. none of my micromanagement makes the round-the-clock absence of freedom and real friends any sweeter. It is definitely against the spirit of urs truly.
I realize that this is going to be my life for some time or perhaps for very long, which is depressing. All the same, i hope to swim/wade/wtever through it all, with a reasonable grip on my sanity and minimal hair loss, until the next best thing happens.
And here are my diary scribbles over the week:
The best thing about being a woman is all the things you don't have to be.
Trust amma to fuck delicacy and thank god for that.
How often can one have a fair advantage?
It wasn't women's day, it was "my life is full of shitfuck days and it will always be full of shitfuck" day.
2 comments:
Can I help find a job in Blore? Drop me a mail if you are interested? Please? I can NOT imagine being a single working woman there!
well. agree with june - difficult, if not with the right set of people. Interesting job, though.
( Next time I apply for any visa, i will leave a star mark on the middle left side of the application, so that you can let it through. :D )
Post a Comment