Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Georgia O'K?


So an O'Keeffe painting for the blog background. I wonder how she would have felt about this. Would it help knowing that she is the only female painter I love (so far) and that that’s why she is up here?

I tried putting up some of her bolder, more brilliant paintings but they seemed to knock the life out of my words, so I stuck to this one titled “pelvis”, which is supposed to be a hole revealing the sky, but I guess its sort of impossible for her to dissociate from flowers, because this does look like a petal as well, right? No complaints there, ofcourse. I am crazy about her flowers. Look at them!


No, I don’t think these paintings symbolize vaginas. I mean, I see the resemblance, but I see that resemblance when I look into any flower. I love these paintings because its like shes dived deep into the flowers, surrounded by nothing but its breathtaking, almost suffocating beauty and then raped its soul and consumed it. Is that too much? Yeah? Well... okay, so there is definitely some sex involved.

If you want to see more of her work, check out this lovely wikipaintings page.

No comments: