Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oswego


Sometime in May, I and Namesake made a trip to Oswego. The ride (about an hour or two from Syracuse) took longer than expected and so by the time we got there, we were mad hungry. I remember being in this everything organic shop and finding nothing good to eat and then finally settling for this hep looking sandwich shop with very unexceptional sandwiches. It was also ridiculously cold. So I bought a sweater from the nearest shop and thereafter we wandered around happily. We checked out some local art, a cozy cafe and a bunch of ducks nodding off on the wobbly dock.

             

At some point, we took turns to look through one of those coin-operated binoculars. Namesake told me that the water body we were looking across was Lake Ontario and I insisted that I can tell a lake from a sea any day and that what we were looking at was definitely the sea. We bet a cookie on it and I bought her one later on. Overall, a very calm and pleasant place. On a warm day it would be great for a picnic. 

No comments: