Sunday, March 30, 2014

growing up

The last 2 weeks were pretty hideous. We have this 2nd year paper presentation, which is basically a coming of age thing where you go up in front of a bunch of faculty and present a lame ass paper, which will be ridiculed for being exactly that. Of course, for the sake of damage control one prepares as much as one bothers to and that can be rather exhausting. The presentation was so-so, but  I had more work so I went through the days in that mildly bitter but whatever fashion. I deprioritized everything to work, including basic hygiene for a while and by the end of it I was the sort of person who would be unpleasant to anyone who approached me with crap that was in no way relevant to my world. That was kinda uncool. No matter what pressure I am under I should treat people with common decency, instead of telling them off like that. I don't wanna be that person who has some over-sized sense of entitlement just because I have some shit to deal with. Anyhoo, whats dones done, lesson learned etc. The other thing though, is that I should really really manage my time better. Its not just some general efficiency principle, its a must if I want to continue doing what I do, or do anything well in life, and stay happy, healthy and pleasant.

No comments: