So, for some time I have been thinking of tracing intuition or insight. You know how you have a thought, and then another and then you make this seemingly big jump to a whole new thought, and you are a little stunned by what you have discovered (at least at a personal level). In my case, and it may be so for others, later on, I often have no recollection of how I came to such an understanding, and I think this maybe what people call intuition, this inability to trace your insight. This lack of explanation for what you feel in your gut is true.
For the first time, I've remembered to actually note down the "insight". This is an example, which is possibly lame, but its not so much about the idea, but the process.
Here goes,
1. I am reading a note on the economic freedom index (external input)
2. It says: data for EFI was previously collected for every 5 years (language alerts reader to potential inconsistency or modification of statement, focus)
3. data for EFI is now collected annually (validation of the possibility to which you were alerted)
4. how frequently we provide information on the net (prompts introspection, distraction + influence of surroundings on distraction)
5. how we are zombies (subjective input)
6. how in the future machines are going to do all our work for us (more subjective input, sense of validation since these are musings shared with others)
7. how we may still have the job of having to provide inputs to machines in terms of what we want (insight)
8. is that really a job? (need and search for validation)
9. info that we need to provide maybe far more refined, how even that much work may seem like a hassle to us in the future (validation through assumption-based justification and subjective notions)
What is slightly concerning at the end of this exercise are my subjective inputs: that we are zombies and if its a hassle, its a job.
No comments:
Post a Comment