Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Interview with O

O: Joining us now in our expert panel for James Frey bashing is Parus, the author of the heart-rending book, ‘When Blacky Wagged his Tail.’ Tell us what you thought when this James fellow duped me..umm..us, pretending all he wrote was true, weren't you outraged?

P: To be honest, I didn’t feel cheated. When I read it I wasn’t thinking, “oh! This guys gone through so much. So can I.” I just thought that’s how strong one should be, like an ideal.

O: I cannot believe you just said that. I CanNOT. So all you care about is yourself! You don’t care how others feel?

P:  I..uhm..condemn it on behalf of the people who feel cheated and to my judgment it shows  a certain lack of character..

O: Certain?!

P: Definite.  A most definite lack of character.

O: And??

P: aaand … he is not particularly trustworthy..

O: That’s right.

P: But that’s it. He’s been loosely categorized and set aside, but the book deserves to be read and I am not going to persecute him or the book.

O: You sure about that? Cos we had plans for an after show special…

P: No, I don’t think so, O. Besides, I am getting late for Leno's.

O: Really?

P: The after show or leno's?

O: The after show. Not even a dunce cap?

P: He’s been wearing that all day!

No comments: